Lately I haven't been feeling much like myself. Even worse, I haven't felt much like a photographer either.
The blog, and shop have gotten to become more of an obligation than a joy in the last month or so. I tend to feel guilty if I don't post often, especially since I haven't been shooting all that much either.
I started to think it was time for me to take a break.
The last thing I want to do is shoot just for the sake of selling a print.
That was never, ever my intentions when I first started to explore fine art.
I suppose I got caught up in the quantity>quality and it began eating at me slowly.
So a decision, and a list has been made if for nothing but to keep my sanity.
• Start shooting for me
• Clean lenses more often
• Take advantage of any beautiful light outside.
• Be thankful for positive people in my life, and show them
• Tripod Light Stand (a DIYproject that I intended to start over a year ago)
• Speak up about ideas
• Don't be afraid to fail
• Learn how to paint furniture, successfully (Do you know Holly @LifeInTheFunLane? Yeah, intimidating)
• Never forget yourself or your dreams
• Don't be a jerk(!!)
This little list is a start of getting my life back in order.
Have any of you had these sort of roadblocks? How did you overcome them?
The shop will stay open, and I will post to the blog as often as I can but I truly intend on doing things for myself from now on. No more guilty feelings. You may see some photography that you've never seen from me before.
I hope you love it, all the same.