4.09.2010

.just friday.

Happy Friday, friends!
It's unusual to have a Friday off and all to myself.
Whatever would I do??
First, I stopped off at the library to dig through the piles and piles
and towers of books during their weekend book sale.
I was giddy, and picked up these lovelies I just can't wait to get my nose in them!
:Jewel: Bret Lott
:The Photograph: Penelope Lively
:The Weight of Water: Anita Shreve
:Mirror Lake: Thomas Christopher Greene
:Human Smoke: Nicholson Baker (came with articles in the pages about WWII)
I also picked up a favorite to give to a friend this weekend...


Water all my plants, and can you actually believe this little guy
from below is an Avocado plant? Sadly, it won't bear fruit.
I know I wouldsit outside all day pulling avocados from it's branches.

Pulled out my sandals and flip flops!! 
I found it funny that these had dusty outlines of my toes. Haha.
Obviously haven't been worn in a while...
I trucked around in them all day today, and it felt so good!

I'm making Vegetable Strudel for dinner.
Mmmmm puff pastry and savory veggies? Win.
I'm there.

This weekend is going to be sunny, breezy and full of relaxation!
I hope you all have a great weekend :)




Please don't forget to enter the giveaway!!



P.S. Charlie says hi.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok Charlie is officially the cutest thing I've ever seen!

The veggie strudel looks amazing! Glad the weather was so pretty & you could wear your flip flops. Sounds like a perfect weekend :) xoxo

leila brewster photography said...

um your dog is amazing ADORABLE! AND i swooped on your book list! lol i am ALWAYS looking for different stuff to read.. i always get stuck in the same genre so im trying to branch out.. :)

Tina Crespo said...

charlie is pretty cute, a little bit of a sissy but def my buddy.
i'm glad i got some book titles out there for ya! i'm the same way, i get real comfortable with the same genre and need to branch out.
i ended up going with titles i really liked and the cover art :)