It's not that I'm jealous of Martha Stewart, she just makes everything seem oh so easy. Listen Martha, a few extra lines of explanations or maybe 3 more step by step photos would seriously be helpful.
I just don't understand how a sewing machine could be so difficult! I've gone through the troubleshooting and in the process knocked over a barely sipped gingerbread latte from Starbucks. That was the last straw.
I put the sewing machine away.
So someone from Meatbagz asked in the previous post to share my burlap chair. Not sure if it was Kate or Mackenzie, but here it is!!
This chair was a super find back in May (yes...it has taken me 6 months to get around to finishing this.) and had very little wrong with it. The original fabric was torn in a few spots, and stained. At that point, I wasn't completely sure what I would recover the cushion and back piece with but I knew I could go over the existing fabric and stuffing since it was in good shape. Which also saved me some dough.
I think I was in Terrain when I spotted a burlap reading chair, it was gorgeous! So naturally I had to knock it off.
What I used:
40'' tall 27'' wide coffee bean burlap - purchased here for $2
Helmar Fabric Glue
Upholstery nails (from previous trim on chair)
Thumbtacks to hold burlap in place while gluing
A knife (...something not sharp) to press fabric
I also cut off the burlap seams (which was "roped" burlap) and used that as the trim on the back cushion
I think overall this project costs me less than $10.
Which is killer, obviously.
Now I just have to convince Mike we need everything covered in burlap, and we'll be set!
Like a nice toaster oven cover :D