7.25.2010

Feel like making Whoopie

...pies?


What? What did you think I meant?
Dirty, dirty minds.....


It has been a whirlwind of weather around here. Agonizing heat during the day, and horribly thrashy thunderstorms at night. I've been at the house alone all week dog-sitting, so of course it needs to be scary outside.

Holiday catalogs generally shoot during the summer, and one of the catalogs we shoot for started this past week. I'm absolutely exhausted, and can't seem to do anything that involves a computer after work.
My evenings have evolved into a lot of grilling with friends, tip toeing around the garden, and playing with food.

Which brings me to the whoopie pies :)




These are from our local shop, but I've been searching for a recipe to make my own.


The pies were piled and set on a light blue & white checkered pillowcase which sat on this adorable wheely table that I got from Goodwill for $3! I will eventually do a before and after of that (...when I decide how to finish it.) 
The light was super perfect because a storm was rolling in and the clouds were the diffusers (btw- this was shot in our garage, with the door half open).

They are  delicious little cake sandwiches filled with frosting, for those of you unfamiliar with the whoopie mania.

--

Hope everything is well out in the blogosphere. 
I officially booked my tickets for Florida.
Vacation can't come soon enough!



1 comment:

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

I use this recipe from Leites Culinaria for my pies. They are so delicious. Thanks for commenting on my Moose post. Means a lot to me. Enjoy your day.

http://leitesculinaria.com/3463/recipes-whoopie-pies.html