7.03.2010

early girl bakes muffins

It's totally understandable to step into cranky pants at 6:30 in the morning when someone is making a considerable amount of noise in the kitchen. I swear, I'll try my best to be quiet and something (usually large, and heavy) goes flying out of my hands onto the floor. Whoops, my bust.
But when these babies start rising and the smell reaches every floor in the house, I was greeted with smiles and "Mmmm, smells good." instead of "What the hell are you doing baking this early?"


Sweet Banana Muffins

ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (or more!)
1/4 cup sugar (or 2 T of Splenda/Sugar blend)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.

In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

In separate bowl, combine banana, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Blend until well mixed. Add applesauce. Slowly combine dry mixture to banana mixture. Blend well.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving.

Makes 12 perfect muffins.

*Incase you're curious about the stats*
Calories: 79
Fat: 0.6g
Carbs: 17g
Protein: 1.8g


Time to refill my coffee cup and enjoy one of these little guys out in the back yard.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!!!

xo -T

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look delightful! And totally not as bad for you as I would have expected!

I love this photo.. that towel looks SO cute!!